How to Get Ready
Will you be exhibiting at our next Press Previews event? Here are some tips that will help you get the most out of your participation. To keep your planning stress-free, we recommend starting at least three months prior to the event.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
3 Months Out:
- Make sure you’re signed up for our event! The registration process is quick and easy. Once you are registered, you will be assigned a Press Previews team publicist who will work with you to help coordinate event information and logistics.
- Brainstorm and design any signage or decor that will be used in your designated event space.
- Plan your event staffing.
- Book travel and accommodations.
2 Months Out:
- Select which products you’ll be showcasing at the event – we recommend 3-5 products total. Focus on your newest introductions and ensure that product availability coincides with the theme of our event. For example, products shown at our Holiday Gift Guide Event, must be available to purchase during the holiday gifting season.
- Begin developing your event press kit contents. We recommend the use of electronic press kits loaded onto USB drives.
- Be sure any custom signage or decor is developed and ordered.
- Request any special needs for your event space, such as electricity and audio/visual equipment. Our team will work with you to best accommodate these needs.
1 Month Out:
- Plan your event display, including best ways to demonstrate and showcase your products. Order any props you may need. Be strategic (highlight the product’s ease of use and showcase its benefits) and creative (to get media over to your table).
- Consider what takeaways you’ll be handing out to media. They are given empty tote bags when they enter the event, so, they will have a place to collect samples, swag and more as they visit each exhibitor!
2 Weeks Out:
- Make any arrangements for shipping signage, product samples, props, etc. to the event location. Our team will provide you with very specific shipping instructions to ensure proper delivery in time for the event.
- Finalize all press materials (press releases, product info sheets, etc.) and load content onto USB drives. We recommend bringing 50 press kit USBs to the event.
1 Week Out:
- Hone your media pitch and be prepared to answer the following questions about each product you are showcasing:
- What are the product features and benefits?
- When was the product launched?
- How much does it cost?
- Where can consumers purchase it?
- Is the product nationally distributed?
- Who is your target audience?
1 Day Out:
- Review the list of media confirmed to attend the event. This list will be sent to exhibitors 24-48 hours prior to the event, as it changes right up to the day of.
- If you are traveling, be sure to pack your business cards!
- The Press Previews team typically holds a casual cocktail meet-up for exhibitors the evening prior to the event. Please plan on joining us!
- Arrive on site with plenty of time to set up your display. Remember to position signage behind your booth to take advantage of the vertical space. You’ll be sent any special instructions regarding arrival times and set up in advance of the event.
- Be sure to set up a media sign-in sheet. This will help you keep contact with those key reporters and editors, solidify relationships, and maximize coverage following the event.
- Enjoy the event and maximize your conversations with the media guests!