We can hardly believe that it’s already been a week since our second annual Press Previews: Holiday Gift Guide media event. We’re still riding a wave of meaningful conversations, incredible insights, and awesome new products from the brands that exhibited. We could go on forever telling you about the big day, but instead we’ll share five favorite highlights.
1. Welcoming new friends: We were thrilled to have several first-time exhibitors at our event. Link showed off their smart dog collars, and GiftCards.com educated the media – and us! – about everything we could have ever hoped to know about gift cards. For example, did you know you can give a gift card from Airbnb?
2. Reuniting with returning exhibitors: While new brands are always thrilling, it’s equally as awesome to see brands come back event after event. That’s really the ultimate compliment for us, and speaks to the efficacy of Press Previews! Chi, Hamilton Beach, and Wolf Gourmet demoed products that are not even on the market yet. Boombox Gifts and Big Mouth Inc first joined us at our Spring Into Summer event, and came back this time to share their holiday offerings.
3. Learning from our exclusive media partner, Good Housekeeping: This year we were thrilled to have Sharon Franke, Director of the Kitchen Appliances and Technology Lab, and Rachel Rothman, Chief Technologist, present at our Holiday Gift Guide event. These ladies gave some overarching tips to our exhibitors during our brand huddle, and then walked around to each booth to listen to pitches and give feedback meant to help each exhibitor get the most out of conversations with media throughout the day. Having them there added tremendous value and we were honored to partner with such an institution!
4. Working with our exclusive sponsor, Macaroni Kid: Eric Cohen, Co-Founder of hyperlocal influencer powerhouse Macaroni Kid, was present throughout the day to meet exhibitors and media. He also provided something extremely important…lunch! Thanks to Eric, everyone at the event (including us!) remained well-fueled throughout the day and learned a thing or two about how Macaroni Kid can help brands reach influential moms.
5. Conversations, conversations, conversations! Our slogan is “Conversations to Coverage” for a reason. It was such a thrill to see influential media having intimate conversations with every one of our exhibitors. Valuable connections were made that, with proper follow up, are going to certainly come in handy in the weeks and months to come.
Are you interested in getting involved with our next event, Spring Into Summer 2018? Read more about it here, and be sure to save the date!