College graduation season is already upon us! Soon grads across the country will be tossing their hats into the air and entering the “real world”. Whether your list of recent graduates to shop for is long or short, we’re here to help you pick out the perfect gift. Will you take a celebratory approach, and give something fun? Or a practical approach, and give something that will help a former student transition from college life to the world of working full-time? Whatever route you choose to take, we think you’ll find a gift on this list that will say a jolly “CONGRATS GRAD!” to its recipient.
1. A new work bag. Just because school’s out doesn’t mean book bags are no more. In fact, starting a new career with a shiny new work bag is a great way to boost confidence during the first day on the job. We love the options from Herschel; they have backpacks for the city dweller, totes for those looking for a chicer look, and duffles for fitness buffs hitting the gym after work.
2. Fun home décor. Graduating often means moving out on your own. Help the grad in your life decorate their new digs with some creative home accents. We’re really digging Alexandra Ferguson, which offers an extensive selection of throw pillows, coffee mugs, and blankets.
3. A cool new hobby. Your grad is going to need to have some fun after those first few forty-hour weeks. They can be hard to get used to! Introduce them to a new hobby with gifts like a Brooklyn Brew Shop Home Brewing Kit or a KitchenAid mixer paired with a Eccolo Ltd recipe book.
4. Creative desk swag. A simple touch to a work space, like a brightly colored agenda or fun Post-It notes, can increase productivity and make even the dreariest office environment a bit more welcoming. For example, Farewell Paperie offers a great desktop organizer.
5. Monthly special deliveries. Upon entering the real world, getting mail that isn’t a bill becomes a lot more fun. Give your grad a dose of delight each month with a subscription box. For the style maven (male or female), try out StitchFix. For the bookworm, the Book of the Month Club is the way to go. And for the whiskey nerd, a Taster’s Club membership will keep the liquor cabinet stocked.
Do you have any go-to college graduation gift ideas? Share them with us in the comments!